Simply Unforgettable – MFRWauthor

Photo by Robin MichaelaIt’s Week #45 in the MFRWauthor Blog Challenge. Thanks for checking in this week!

First – authors, how about some topics for next year’s blog challenge list? I’ve heard from several people, but I need more topics, please! I have 23 so far. That means we’re still about half a year shy of topics. If you’ve got ’em, leave them in the comments below. Thanks!

Okay, back to the blog post….This week’s subject is an Unforgettable Day in my Life. Geez, it’s going to be hard to pick just one (especially since two of the most unforgettable days involve giving birth and I have two children).

Since I can’t pick just one, you get a list…drum roll…the days that top my most unforgettable happy days are:

• The birth of my son
  • The birth of my daughter
  • My wedding days (yes, there have been a few, mostly because my second hubby and I have been married three times, lol. That’s a story for another blog topic, though!)
  • The day I was accepted to dental hygiene school (and the day I graduated)
  • The day I ran my first half marathon (because, let me tell you, I worked my tail off to run it!)
  • Obviously, the day my first book came out!
  • Lots of my travel days are also unforgettable (for example: visiting Venice, Italy where I took the picture at the beginning of this post).

The most unforgettable bad ones are:

• The day my mother passed away and the day my father passed away
  • The day we found out my mom had a terminal brain tumor. Until you hear a doctor tell you someone you love is not only ill, but then further broadsides you by saying that person has “4-6 weeks left” when you thought they were pretty dang healthy just a couple days before this pronouncement, you can’t possibly imagine how terrifying and utterly devastating it can be.
  • The days (all different) on which other family members or friends have passed away

I’m sure there must be more unforgettable days, but I’ve forgotten them (just seeing if you’re paying attention, lol).

The thing about days you’ll never forget is how emotion-charged they are. Good or horrible, they make an impression that is forever etched in your mind. These days change you – for better or worse – and shape your life in immeasurable ways.

Which days are your most unforgettable? Let me know in the comments!

Click here to visit the other authors on this blog hop!

21 thoughts on “Simply Unforgettable – MFRWauthor

1. Sherry Lewis says:

I can’t even imagine how horrible it must have been to get that news about your mother. My heart broke for you when I read that. I still remember leaving the hospital on the day my dad died and realizing I didn’t recognize the world anymore because I’d never known the world without him in it. For a while, it was an odd, awkward, painful, and very sad place to be.

Liked by 1 person

• RobinMichaela says:

Thanks, Sherry. It was five years ago and still is heartbreaking. I’m sorry for your loss of your dad, as well. Parents sure leave a huge hole in our lives. I completely understand what you mean about not recognizing the world without him in it.

2. maureenbonatch says:

I avoided the ‘bad days’- kudos to your courage to face those memories- hugs.

A few more possible topics for next year. Don’t feel you have to use any cause I already sent some- just throwing them out there if we need more.
    If I was stuck on a desert island
    My odd/useless? talent
    Things only my family would understand
    If I never had to do this one task again

Liked by 2 people

3. Cathy Brockman says:

Those are great memorable days. I can relate on the Forgettable, I had one of those when the doctor said moments about my mom as well.

Here are some blog post Ideas. I put several since some may be duplicates from other people. I hope they help.
    What social media platforms do you use and Why? (What are your favorite Social Media Platforms and Why?
    Do Apps Help you or just waste your time? Do you have any favorites you like?
    Do you create character and setting profiles for your stories?
    Do you keep a journal or Diary?
    What are you afraid of? (What is your biggest fear?)
    What are you Grateful for?
    What is the one thing you couldn’t live without? (Not counting humans or pets)
    Do you have allergies?
    What’s your favorite Holiday food Memory? (perhaps Share a recipe)
    What’s your favorite Holiday Memory?
    What’s your most memorable gift?
    Do you cook? (perhaps share a recipe)
    What’re your most memorable Valentines?
    What’s your most romantic Memory?
    Are you a collector? What do you collect?
    What are your favorite indulgences?
    What would you do if you won the Lottery?
    What Is your Fantasy Vacation?
    Do you garden?
    What is your favorite romance genre to read or write about?

Liked by 2 people

4. Helen Henderson says:

Loved the way you shared the good and the bad and the why. A one-two punch is always the worst. My father passed just a couple of weeks before 9-11 which as my post for this weeks already shows was quite personal even without the additional dimension. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who just stuck to happy days. Thanks for sharing

Liked by 1 person

5. Mary J. McCoy-Dressel says:

You’re spot on about how unforgettable memories are emotionally charged. When you think of them, the emotion comes right back.

It’s funny you mentioned your weddings were for another blog because that’s what I was going to suggest for a topic for next year. Something to do with the best/favorite wedding you’ve been to, or what was our own wedding like?

Liked by 1 person