Hey, y’all! Welcome to Week 40 of the #MFRWauthor Blog Challenge. It hard to believe we’re already into October – where has the year gone? Anyhow, this week’s topic is favorite book quotes. I think some of them can be life quotes, too.
- How about this one from The Martian, by Andy Weir: “What do you know? I’m in command.” Well, that’s a stupid book quote, you say. But, is it? It means you are in charge – of your life, your career, your relationships. It means you shouldn’t whine about where you are in your life. Instead, you should actively work to change whatever makes you unhappy.
- Here’s one from Peter Pan by author J. M. Barrie: “The moment you doubt your ability to fly, you cease forever to be able to do it”. This quote sort of hearkens back to the first one. Believe in yourself because your life will be what you choose to make of it. Set goals, then work to achieve them. If you have a setback, figure out what you’ve learned, because the next time you try, you’ll be that much closer to getting it right.
- When I think of positive quotes, there is this one from Louisa May Alcott, author of Little Women. It’s not actually one of the book quotes, but I love the sentiment: “Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them‚ but I can look up and see their beauty‚ believe in them‚ and try to follow where they lead.”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald made a great point in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.”
To get your weekend started off right, I’ll leave you with some funny quotes:
- You could buy my book in a paperback edition for a dollar, and in hard covers for $3.50. And for fifty cents extra, I come around to your house personally and wet your finger while you’re turning the pages. ~ Bob Hope (My Life in Jokes)
- I thought to myself, why not write bestseller. In the first place, more people read them, you make more money, and it doesn’t take any more time to write a bestseller than it does to write a book that nobody buys. ~ George Burns (The Third Time Around)
- Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.
– Groucho Marx
Check out some quotes from other authors on the blog hop: