It’s Week 37 in the #MFRWauthor Blog Challenge (also known as mid-September). If you’re following along at home, today’s topic is How to Win My Heart (in five easy steps).
Welllll… this might be a short blog post. I’m pretty easy (no, not THAT type of easy!), plus my Handsome Prince already holds the key to my heart, so the competition window has closed.
That being said, how to win my heart and make me your friend for life can happen if you (in no particular order):
- Make me laugh – I’ll accept anything humorous…jokes, memes, puns, a clever turn of phrase…in short, anything that will make me laugh.
- Ply me with chocolate – preferably dark and laden with almonds although, really, any type of chocolate will do (except white chocolate, which is just so Kardashian, you know? (In case I’m not making myself clear, I mean tasteless and pretentious).
- Bring me flowers – any color, any variety. I LOVE flowers! Hubby brought me flowers every week for the first few months we were married (then, my practical side kicked in and asked him to stop. What was I thinking?). Right now, my crepe myrtles and Encore azaleas are blooming and I’m soaking in the sight because they’ll be gone when Autumn kicks in.
- Talk to me – I can talk all day (even during movies – remember my post from Week 35?). In fact, I often DO talk all day in my job as a dental hygienist (you’ve got to be a dedicated talker if you can carry on a conversation with someone when your hands are in their mouth). I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned from my patients over the years.
- Show me your travel pics – seriously.
I have a Travel Bucket List as long as your arm. In fact, if I ever win the lottery, I’m outta here and on a plane to somewhere exotic. Since I’m still a working girl, however, I’ll take what I can get, so I travel vicariously through others. For example: I have a patient who is a lecturer on cruise ships. He probably hates to come see me because I always want to know where he’s been lately and what he’s seen (his last cruise was 45 days around South America and Antarctica – oh, joy!).
Enough about how to win my heart – what about you? Leave a comment below and let me know how to win yours!
This is a blog hop. Find out the key to the other author’s hearts by stopping by their blog!