We’re already at week #10 of the MFRW blogging challenge. The idea of the challenge is to help me find topics to blog about so you can get to know me a little better. With that in mind, get ready to find out (*cue drum roll)… Robin Michaela’s seven guilty pleasures!
First of all – what exactly IS a guilty pleasure? I checked out the Urban Dictionary and they define it basically as something you like, but something you know you probably shouldn’t indulge in (much).
Without further ado, here are mine (not necessarily in order):
- Dark chocolate – I mean dark…rich…sinful (also good qualities for a romance hero!). The 72% kind of dark. Don’t even try to pass regular milk chocolate off on me.
- John Denver – Yup, I fell in love with him in high school and actually just played one of his CDs in the car this afternoon – with the windows up and while singing at the top of my lungs. (Not something you can unhear once you’ve heard it, but that’s why I raise the windows. You’re welcome). His music was part of the catalyst for my move to Colorado, where I spent 18 years on a Rocky Mountain high. Although I love where I’m living now, I do miss the cathedral mountains (after all, I got to see Pikes Peak EVERY DAY for 18 years!). I never got crazy enough to try to touch the sun, but I certainly made some wonderful memories.
- The Travel Channel – I’m always planning for a trip someday. We travel now, but I want to go to China and see the Great Wall, to Iceland and see the Northern Lights, to Machu Picchu and hike the Andes, to Holland in the spring so I can see fields upon fields of blooming tulips. For trips like these, I’ll have to wait for retirement… meanwhile, I watch the Travel Channel and dream.
- Chips, queso, guacamole, and a grande margarita – I love Mexican food, but I would be perfectly happy to just sit on a patio eating/drinking from what I consider to be the four basic Mexican food groups.
- Minty Mallows – Thankfully, these are seasonal holiday goodies from Trader Joe’s or I would go through a box of this candy crack on a daily basis. They’re just marshmallows, but they’re covered in minty, chocolaty goodness that tastes like a York peppermint patty. My (grown) kiddos even get them in their Christmas stockings (yes, they still stocking, too), but I lay in a secret stash every year and enjoy a box once a month or so until they’re gone. Last year, I made it all the way to June before I ran out.
- Frozen fruity umbrella drinks – This turns into a wine and/or hard root beer phase in the winter but, in the summer, I love margaritas (see above bullet point), mojitos, cosmos, daiquiris – in short, anything you’d sip by the pool, at the beach, or in a cabana (*bonus points if it’s brought to me by a shirtless, short-stubbled waiter with muscular biceps and chisled pecs).
- Romance novels – There’s a reason I write them! I like ’em all – contemporary romance novels, western romance books, paranormal romance, science fiction, alpha, billionaire, erotic, BBW, shifter – you name it, I read it. And, having an ereader allows me to enjoy them without tempting people to roll their eyes at my choice of literature.
What are your guilty pleasures? Leave a comment below, then check out some of the other authors in the blog challenge: Thanks for stopping by!